Thursday, September 20, 2007

Movie Buddies

I had young women's tonight, & was getting myself & Lance ready to go when David came home. He announced he would be skipping the gym & watching Lance. I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted. Then he started quizzing me about when I would be coming home--because he wanted to take Lance to a movie. Awwww...how cute. They went to see a very lame movie, & they were the only ones in the theater. Apparently there wasn't anyone else who wanted to see this movie. But it was great because Lance could squeal & scream all he wanted. He continually grabbed David's popcorn & spilled it & threw it all over. He threw his treat container 3 rows in front of him & spilled it all over. He yelled when the movie was loud (I guess he needed to be louder). He squirmed all over the place. And because Lance was a wild boy & there was nobody else in the theater, they were able to run around & entertain themselves. David is such a great daddy. Lance came home exhausted, & I got a couple hours to go to young women's & do some shopping.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read all of your stories thanks for sharing with us
Love
Mom (Ruth Ann)

young family said...

That was really sweet of David to take Lance. Sounds like he had way more fun with Dad than he would have had with Mom. What is your calling in YW?

happy mom said...

I am a Lame wife I have decided, I am one of those wifes that would have said I have my calling tonight, I need you here by this time, see ya later. Brian always complyed but I guess I am realizing how much of a hag I must be listening to you other mothers.

So cute, and nice to have the theater to themselves.

Rachel said...

I'm the Secretary. :) I've loved it. I don't feel like I've been really involved since having Lance prevents me from doing some stuff with the girls. But David is so good to take Lance when he can (and then I get in trouble with the girls because I didn't bring Lance with me).

Kristi said...

that is so funny...if Tyler took Alexa to the movie, i'd imagine that it would go just about like that :) We don't even try.
Hey, I am the YW Sec too. But Tyler is in the YM, so we just have to take turns taking Alexa...
I am still smiling about David and Lance at the movies :)

Jewels Rules said...

there was this one time that my brother was sort of a nerd oh ya that was all the time.. I LOVE HIM THOUGH!! he keeps me smiling..