Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Real Deal

It's actually me...posting quickly from the library. I just wanted to thank my DB for doing some posting for me. She's doing a fab job, don't you think?

Lance is getting so big of course. And that means he has his own ideas about what he's going to do all the time. He woke up one morning & brought me his arm floaties. I tried to put them away & he fussed until I blew them up & let him wear them. Most mornings he brings me his shoes right away & needs to wear them all day. Then if he thinks its time to go outside he brings me his hat. If I don't get the hint, he stands at the front door pounding on it to get out. He is also such a cool dude & wears his sunglasses everywhere--even inside the house & when watching TV (I guess it reduces tv glare). He is just a funny kid & Daddy's shadow. He follows David from room to room & does everything that Daddy does. We came home from runny errands one day, & Lance walked from room to room calling for DaDa. He even checked in our bed & under David's pillow to see if Daddy was hiding from him.

As for David, he's like having a second child--a very big child who does not mind. It is David's routine to get Lance ready for bed. Of course this means that Lance always goes to bed late because Daddy always needs "just 10 more minutes" to play with his boy. His 10 minutes turns into an hour, & when Mama tells Daddy that it is time to put Lance to bed, Daddy says, "Don't boss me. You're not my mother." And all the while Lance has been playing on his own because he's tired of having to play Daddy's way, & David has been playing with Lance's toys all by himself. Don't get me wrong...I'm glad David plays well by himself. :) What a big kid he is.

I saw that the DB has said we'll be moving to Rexburg. Hooray! I can't wait. I only hope that it's soon. I can't wait to have a couch to sit on (I'm sure I've mentioned that before). We took Lance for a walk a couple days ago, & we walked through a big lodge so David could play at the arcade (I said no arcade, he about cried). But it gave me time to just sit on one of the many couches there. I can see we'll have to go there more often. :) Hopefully I'll have my computer soon & can once again join the blogging world. Until then...toodles.

4 comments:

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Hey, I have a big kid too. Mine is always hungry and wines too much :) But he's super cute! Glad to see you bloggin'. It made my day to read a new post...everyone has kinda been slacking, mostly the Rowdy Robertsons. Okay, I've rambled enough. I miss you!

happy mom said...

yeah I get to see you soon!

Steph said...

Can we get a new blog anytime soon? I mean what's up.

Melissa said...

Time for an update! What else have you got to do besides watch soap operas and eat bonbons all day??!! he,he