Wednesday, December 9, 2009

As Promised

Quite a while ago I promised my mom a new Daily Dose of David. But I thought I should make good on my promise. It's the least I could do after all she does for me. And then maybe I'll get my butt in gear & catch up on 4 months of back-blogging! This is a start, at least.

David: Hey Rachel! How do you spell your name?
Me: What do you mean how do I spell my name? How long have we been married, and you can't spell my name?!!
David: I'm just having a brain fart, and I can't remember how to spell it.
Me: Well, I'm not helping you 'cause you should know how to spell my name by now!
David: I just need to know if it's "ael" or "eal."
Me: .............It's neither, David.
David: Huh?

What's that, Mom? You want another? David was bathing the boys while I was chatting on the phone with my mom. This is what she heard.

David: Rachel, I need your help.
Me: Just a minute. I'm on the phone.
David: Hurry, I need your help NOW!
Me (stomping into the bathroom): WHAT? I'm busy! What do you need?!
David (pointing to the alphabet stuck to the walls above the bathtub): I'm trying to teach the boys the alphabet & counting, but they aren't paying attention!
Me: ..............*rolling eyes, walking away*

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Now, don't get me wrong, 'cause I'm not complaining about a new blog post. I love "Daily Dose of David" as much as the next guy, but how about some pictures of those darling boys??? PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE????!!!! Love you!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Good giggle for the night. Thanks sista! Now post that cute room I decorated for those even cuter boys :)

Crystal said...

Oh David....he's such a dork & you can pass that on to him:) Keep bloggin' sis, it helps me not miss you so much, love ya!

Kristi said...

so funny...I always enjoy your daily dose of David...ha ha

Granny Annie said...

Ya'just gotta' love the daily dose of David!..Actually he reminds me of some of the stuff Grandpa Swede does and had done and said. Never a dull moment and that is good!
More pictures please....Love you and miss you all!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Husbands are hilarious. Thanks for the smile today :)

Grandma 'D' said...

I luv the "Daily doses of David" as much as I love the boys, you and yes our funny David. What a guy!!! Not a dull moment in the Shelley house. Now pics of those boys? Luv you and thanks Rachey

Katie said...

Oh wow. I'm not even sure what to say here...

happy mom said...

You have charmed life there Rachel! I love it, and I love that you leave garbage on your van! Seriously I would do it too, if I didn't stick to my rule of not putting things up there, my brother in law lost his video camera that way!