Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stickers & Crayons





This is the only place that Lance will play alone--in his box. He usually plays in whatever room I am in. This means that he follows me room to room carrying his toys with him. He makes multiple trips bringing toys from one room to another (even if I'm in a room for a few seconds) only to have to once more transport them to another room. He even hopped in the shower with me one day. He was so quiet that I didn't know he was in the shower until I turned around, & there he was...fully clothed. :) This was my solution--stickers & crayons in his big box.

If you make the pictures bigger, you can see that I drew some pictures (trees, flowers, clouds--that sort of thing) while playing with Lance. Then Daddy added some of his own artwork. I've added one of his pictures at the bottom. Check out his bulging muscles, Lance's blue eyes, Luke already crawling, and me--so fit & svelte! Well okay, a stick figure, but I'm happy he didn't try to draw hips, thighs, & all! :)

10 comments:

Judy said...

Grandma Ruth Ann read me this blog over the phone. How cute is that. Not that she read it over the phone but that he has a nice box with mom and dad art work on the walls and that he can just sticker to his hearts content. And Luke is so cute. Hope I get to see him sometime soon.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

What an awesome mom! Sometimes I wish someone would make me a quiet box with stickers and crayons. I probably stay inside for a while, too :) And the artwork is beautiful. I'll have to get myself a Shelley original one day.

Steph said...

I miss you guys! I need to get Gauge a box. except for his will be made of steel and have a lock on it. Haha just kidding. What a cutie Lance is. Such a good boy.

Granny Annie said...

You might as well forget all those expensive toys! I haven't known one kid, including myself, that didn't love a big box!(see you and David are even in it!) The boys are so adorable! One day Luke will be able to play with his big brother in a box. By then you will probably be looking for them both, wondering where they are. They grow up so fast. Aren't they fun!
They are both just adorable.
We miss all of you and love you!
Granny

Melissa said...

I wish I had a box to hide in . . . but at this point, I'm not sure they make 'em big enough. And I could probably get in, but then how would I get out? Anyway, love the pictures! You're looking good!!

Grandma 'D' said...

O.K the artwork is impressive. Lance's that is. He is happy no matter what he is doing. We miss him so much, oh yea, we miss you and David too. But not as much as Lance. Give him big kisses from Grandma.

Crystal said...

How cute is this?! I love that he surprised you in the shower! HA! I can't believe Luke is crawling-crazyness! Love the new background :)

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

This is the cutest post. What a great idea! I'm so gonna try it. I hope all is well w/ your cute family!

happy mom said...

as long as he keeps those crayons, and stickers in the box all is well. It wouldn't be that way at my house!

love the pictures, and what a cute boy!

Jewels Rules said...

I think I have the cutest nephews in the whole world.. scratch that I do have the cutest nephews in the whole world.. I miss Lance so much and I can't wait to meet Luke.. and well I have been a bridesmaid three times this year because well I couldn't afford to go to the other ones that wanted me.. and ya crazy girls they all chose pink.. I do love pink but hate all the outfits I had to wear.. I really was going to love this last dress until it was made horribly and is huge on me.. I love you and I can't wait to see you at Christmas.. I hope you guys come down if not I'll have to make a special trip!!