Monday, August 27, 2007

Camping Trip



This is the one and only picture that David took of his & Lance's first Father-Son Camp out. I was really bummed that he didn't get more pictures, but apparently they had lots of fun. This picture is documenting the eating of Lance's favorite treat--licorice. And the only reason David remembered to take this picture is our bishop threatened to take a picture of dirty little Lance for blackmailing purposes. David decided to take the picture himself (before Lance got really dirty).

I was told by many people at church on Sunday that my wonderful husband took absolutely great care of our little happy boy. They slept in David's truck, & the concerned daddy had taken the top part of the cradle and put it in the back seat of his truck for Lance to sleep in. He also made sure that he wasn't too comfy so that he would be sure to wake up if it was cold. He turned the truck on every couple hours to warm it up for his baby boy--what a dad. David had packed for him & Lance, & from the amount of stuff he took, you would have thought it was a week long outing. But that's David--always prepared (or over-prepared).

When my two guys finally got home from their big outing, my exhausted little guy fell asleep immediately (before he even got a bath). He smelled of camp fire, sunscreen, & mosquito repellent, & he was dirty enough that I could tell he had a great time. He was the youngest camper--and I'm guessing also the cutest. :) They did some hiking, fishing, & lots of playing.

Lance, who usually just wants Daddy, was so excited to get home & see Mommy. I was absolutely thrilled. Because he sees me every day, I don't usually get the amount of excitement reserved for Dad. So I survived my first night without my baby. I would have even slept great except that I was freaked out by every noise I heard. I guess I'm used to having David here keeping all the boogie men away.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so fun that David was able to take Lance to Father and Sons...I can't believe that YOU weren't the one that packed for them! That's the way it would have been if it had happened in this home :) David sounds like a good Dad. Isn't it a great feeling to have your little one excited to see you for a change?! I feel the same way when Alexa and I are apart for awhile, I love how excited she is to see me. Normally she is just excited to see Tyler when he comes home each day.
Having a child is great.

young family said...

I have to agree with you, he is so cute!! I think I remember that same amount of licorice on David's face when he was little, boy does that make me old or what. Love the pictures!!

happy mom said...

I am glad that he took one picture anyway.

I am also the packer in my house, so you are lucky.

My kids love the licorice too!

I remember the licorice faces of David too, and I am not old and not much older than David so it's all good Lora.

And I sleep horrible anytime Brian is not around, it's really not fair.