Thursday, August 16, 2007

Captain Lance & his Trusty Sidekick Daddy

I love to watch David & Lance together. It's so fun to see the way David plays with his baby boy. They play so rough & silly, but David is such a big softy when Lance is sad. Daddy takes his son everywhere: to the video store, to wash his truck, to the store, & even to take out the trash. When David gets home from work, he goes straight to Lance, picks him up, & takes him to the bathroom where Lance sits in a little seat while Daddy showers. David sings & talks to Lance the whole time. And while Lance can't see his daddy, he's happy to be able to hear him (just knowing that he's home). For the rest of the night they're inseparable.

The picture above was taken about a month ago at a family reunion, and the picture to the right was taken quite a while ago this winter. And no, the picture was not set up in any way. This is just how I found them sleeping.























I had to share this because I think it is just too cute. A couple weeks ago Lance was having a hard time falling asleep. We've had a playpen set up in our bedroom because his crib has been in the living room while my brother stayed with us for the summer. Anyway, I sent David to check on a screaming Lance. It took a while and the crying finally stopped, but David did not reappear from the bedroom. I peeked in on them to find David sleeping with Lance...in Lance's crib (and then had to get the camera). Apparently Daddy had finally climbed into the playpen and fallen asleep. Lance was not asleep, but he was very pleased with the sleeping arrangements. He was grinning from ear to ear when I found them. Later David told me that he had tried to lay down next to the playpen, but that didn't appease our little prince, so David climbed into the playpen. I have to say that I never would have thought to climb into the playpen with Lance. David & Lance are quite a pair, & I love them so much. What would I do without my two guys?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. Who would have guessed you can climb in the crib and make them happy. David is so cute. You all are so cute thanks for sharing with us
Love
Ruth ann

Jewels Rules said...

hmm well I just made it last night.. I thought I sent you an email.. I just sent a mass email and maybe I missed yours.. I am sorry but yes I just did it last night.. and this is the funniest thing I have ever seen david sleeping in the playpen

Kristi said...

We are now finding out that you all have blogs we weren't aware of...We are glad that we now have a way to connect with each other! Lance is sure getting old! He is such a cutie!

tyler, kristi, alexa shelley

young family said...

that's so funny! that picture of them both sleeping on the couch is so cute! and only David would have climbed in the play pen!
-Hope

happy mom said...

all I can say is, ahhhhhhh! HOw funny and cute and sweet, daddy's are the best. but the whole taking him to the bathroom during shower time that is really original, so is the playpen.

you are so blessed.