Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shooting Weekend

What a CUTIE!! I know I'm prejudiced, but c'mon, admit it...he's pretty darn cute! I especially love the way the ear muffs squish his little fat cheeks. He loves being outdoors, so it was no wonder that he was so happy on our little mountain outing this last weekend.

A few days ago David finally took me out shooting. I've been wanting to take my shotgun out to shoot some clay pigeons. David had never shot skeet before, so I was really excited to show him up--which I did. Yes, they call me "Dead-eye." We didn't exactly keep score, but since I can hit a clay pigeon with one shot & it takes David 3 or 4 shots...I think I won. And don't let David convince you that I'm exaggerating because he probably doesn't like to be shown up by his wife. :)


We really had a good time. The mountains were beautiful, the weather was nice, and the shooting was fun. The summer is almost gone, & we're finally starting to enjoy the outdoors of Jackson. Too bad we didn't start to enjoy it sooner. But we do plan on doing some more fishing & camping before the summer's over. David is taking Lance to our ward's father & son outing this weekend--overnight. It will be mom's first night without her baby :( but David assures me he'll take good care of Lance (of course). I don't know what I'll do with a whole night to myself. I can't wait to blog that trip--I told David to get lots of pictures.






3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is the cutest picture of Lance with the ear muffs!
It was hard for me to leave Alexa for the first time overnight...but it really ended up being quite nice! I almost wished that I could've had another night :)

happy mom said...

that is really cute! I don't think I new you were a shooter. I have never even picked up a gun that I can think of. It seems so weird to me that it would be fun! cute cute, and I am glad that you had fun, and I can't wait to hear about the father, son campout. brian has yet to be able to make it to one of them, but he looks forward to it, hopefully next year.

Jewels Rules said...

OMG!! he is the cutest little thing in the world.. I love him!! And hi he's huge..