Thursday, October 4, 2007

Help...I'm Stuck!!

Along with playing under the table, Lance likes to crawl into small spaces. I think he likes the table because the chair legs make a small maze for him. Problem is, even though he can crawl in, doesn't mean he can crawl out. Today he got stuck crawling between two TV trays. No they aren't heavy, unmovable trays. But they do have a TV on top (David's cheap TV stands). And Lance was really stuck--mama to the rescue.
A couple weeks ago he got stuck between a wall & some chairs in our Sunday school class. We have a small class & usually sit in kind of a circle. Because it's small, Lance gets to crawl around on the floor (because everyone else says so). He crawled behind a row of chairs until he got wedged between the chair against the wall. He had gotten half his body past the chair & was lying on his side fighting like mad to get out. He eventually gave up & just lay there awaiting rescue. I was facing that side of the room, & so I could see what was happening. I was just wondering if I should ask a few people to stand & move their chairs to free my baby (a bit embarrassing..."could we please stop class, everyone stand & move your chairs, so I can get to the little guy that is lodged between the wall & the chairs"). But a nice older man took pity on the stuck little guy & stopped class for me. I guess I'll be limiting Lance's wanderings from now on. :)

3 comments:

happy mom said...

That is funny and cute, and I feel your pain with Church, I wish nursery started at 1 year! I am really looking forward to December 21st!

Kristi said...

That is so funny that Lance likes to climb through things...your story from Sunday School sounds hilarious! Church is alwasy difficult with Alexa...I could picture something like that happening with her. Thank Goodness it hasn't :) She will be 18 months on November 11th and then she will FINALLY be in NURSERY!

young family said...

Now that I am past the little kid stage, I can tell you that most of the people in class find other peoples kids darling and speaking for myself I like the distraction sometimes :) Cute pictures!!