Saturday, October 20, 2007

Rock Paper Scissors

Last night David & I stayed up late watching movies. So of course we were both extremely tired when Lance woke up this morning. I had gotten up with him a couple times in the night (normally he sleeps through), & then I got up to give him a bottle this morning. Afterward I brought him to bed--just in case he wanted to sleep some more (a mother can dream, can't she?). He just rolled around & climbed all over David. He poked at his ears & eyes, bit his nose, pulled his hair, & climbed all over his head. With all this entertainment I couldn't sleep anyway. It was pretty funny. But finally Daddy had enough & suggested we play rock, paper, scissors to decide who would take Lance out of the room while the other slept in. I lost. David thinks this should be how we decide who gets up with Lance every weekend. I think not. He'll just have to take his turn like a big boy. :) I do have a great husband though, and later he let me take a nap while he watched Lance. When I woke up I found Lance in the laundry basket reading a book.

8 comments:

Jewels Rules said...

oh he's just so dnag cute.. look at him just happy as can be in a laundry basket.. I love that little man and I can't wait to see him..

Kelli said...

He is so cute! At least you didn't have to play "find the baby" when you woke up...he was safely contained in a laundry basket!!!

happy mom said...

I don't think I would go for rock paper scissors, but neither would Brian it would come down to all the logistics, since my husband is always so literal. but we have worked out a Sat, I sleep in, Sunday he sleeps in. that is awesome!

happy mom said...

oh and lance is so cute, and how long do you supose he had been in the laundry basket? had David been napping too? he he, cute, I bet they had a blast.

Kristi said...

Lance looks older! He is such a cutie. I love that picture...him in a laundry basket reading a book.

young family said...

I love how you guys do things, I just get mad and get up and then I am cranky. I am not a good mommy like some of you :) Ask my kids :) Cute picture of Lance reading, my kids loved books also.

Kelli said...

Hey hey, I know you may not get this for a while, but I have tagged you! Check my blog to see what that means!

happy mom said...

Okay, Isn't it time we heard from you again? Where or where has your little family gone, oh where oh where can you be?

Happy thanksgiving! Hope things are going well, I can't wait to have you update!