Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hooray! I'm blogging!!

I feel so detached from the world when I can't blog. Okay, maybe just detached from wonderful family & friends. I love to hear what's going on with everyone & see lots of pictures, so I really miss having my computer & the internet. Right now I'm in Utah (for a couple weeks--without David) visiting our families, & my mom and sisters are insisting that I blog, blog, blog! I don't even know where to start. Pictures? News? Not that there's much to tell.

We're still in Colorado, & I'm hoping it won't be for much longer. I just don't really love where we are right now. And I am so tired of "camping." I can't wait to be in a place with all our furniture & things. I dream of sitting on my couch, eating at a real table, & sleeping in our wonderful bed.

Lance is so big & happy all the time. He is finally walking & beginning to say a few words. He is also very silly--like Daddy. He is David's little shadow. I love to watch them play. Daddy is such a sucker for his little boy.

So the big news is that we're expecting number two in August. Yippeee!! Of course I'm unbelievably excited. We don't know yet the gender of the baby, but I either need some suggestions for boy names, or I need you all to pray that we'll have a girl because David really wants to name this one Achilles if it's a boy. Yes...Achilles, as in greek god. And my wonderful husband is absolutely serious. Well, if he isn't serious, he's been keeping this up for too long. I've said absolutely no to Achilles & am searching desperately for other names David might agree to.

Okay, so now that I'm blogging (like my family is begging me to do) and now they are yelling at me to get off the computer & come visit. I guess there's no pleasing them. :) But I will be back to post some more pictures & stuff.

6 comments:

Grandma 'D' said...

Yea! Finally some news from my long lost daughter. I have a lot of boy names , Desull, Rady, Devid, Ande, Dandy, etc......
Take your pick. Love having you home. Next time move closer to home. Better yet, move to Milford.

Love Mom (the bossy one).

Nat Lud said...

YAY YAY YAY! It's about dang time, girl! It's great to get updated! It was so fun seeing ya at Bunco's. You are so cute and I'm so happy for you expecting number two! Hope all goes well and your back in Utah soon!

Kelli said...

Yeah!! I was wondering if you would get to this while you are in Utah! It was so great to see you and Lance last weekend, you are the best!

young family said...

Yeah a blog from the long lost family in Colorado :)

Can't you fit your computer in your car and take it to Colorado with you?

Achilles??? HHHmmmm I am not going to say anything, just in case:) How about Brant that is a name I heard the other day and liked?? Naming babies is soooo hard, way harder than it sounds. You will just have to keep us posted.

Rachel said...

I actually like the name Brant & suggested it to David. He said no. I think that if he can veto that name, I can veto Achilles. :)

happy mom said...

I feel the same way and I am not even camping! I do not know how you are doing it. I hear good things from Ruth, and hope that you keep up with the perminant home plan and close by!

Brian and I have all veto power if one doesn't like it it doesn't go, and I don't think that Achilles is as bad as clementine but it is worse than Josephine, those are the two girl names I had to fight.

that is why Josie wasn't named until about 4 hours after she was born. we could not agree!

did you need the maternity clothes back? I don't even know why I got them back from you, I think I new someone who needed them, but now they just sit here.