Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Emmo"

Lately Elmo (or as Lance says, Emmo) has been hauled around, thrown around, beaten, & loved all day long every day. Lance has had this Elmo (thank you, Grandma Holm) for almost 2 years, & I don't know how he has withstood the abuse. He is loved very much, but he is also thrown off of everything. I hear little crashes all over the house from morning to night. Upon inspection I find it was just Elmo--again. Today I found him in the high chair, in the power wheel, on the tricycle, & in the baby swing. He also sits at the table for dinner & on the couch to watch TV. But I don't like it when he messes with the computer. It's a good thing he gets many, many hugs & kisses from his buddy, or I don't think he'd hang around for long. :)
































And just because he cracks me up, here's a Daily Dose of David.

"Is dinner ready, Homebody?"

"The boys need diaper changes. That's your job, Caretaker."

"That's not my job. You're the housemaker.

When taxes were done this year, David found out that my occupation was "homemaker." For some reason he hadn't heard this before?! Anyway, he found it hilarious & continues to call me by my occupational title--at least that's what he thinks. He is horrible, horrible, horrible at remembering names. This is no exception. Housebreaker & homeworker are two more of my titles, as given by my hubby.

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Poor little Elmo, he doesn't stand a chance against Lance. At least he's not sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I also enjoy a daily dose of David so keep 'em coming.

Steph said...

Keep those daily doses of David coming, he cracks me up! I wonder how long elmo will last. Does he still twist and shout? Maybe he needs a cuddlier elmo for christmas.

Melissa said...

Neeley has a soft, cuddly Elmo and Zoe. They pretty much go everywhere, too. Elmo also gets thrown off of EVERYTHING! His eyes are now broken, but we still love him!

Crystal said...

poor little Emmo--Lance is so stinking cute! I love the upside down baby chair picture HA! And David cracks me up-keep those stories coming, what a cute family you have Rach!

Nat Lud said...

Gotta love toys that withstand kids 'love'. :) How cute. And your hubby sounds like quite the funny man!

Grandma 'D' said...

Just wondering what David's title is? Maybe you could come up with a few and keep em G rated.....Lance is a doll, and Thank Goodness for Elmo.

Granny Annie said...

"Those special little friends, like Elmo, may wear out and become frayed and fragile, but remember! those special little treasures will always be there. Even if they wear out they will always live in the little hearts of the precious children! Lancey will always love Elmo!
We love David (Daddy DoDo!) could this title mean he will do anything that needs doing? or just anything he wants to do? hehe. He's definately a fun daddy!
Love you guys and miss you!

young family said...

That is funny, I wonder if you ever get tired or does your face hurt from laughing so much? You guys are so cute together.

Emmo that is so cute. He is such a cutie!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

It sounds like you have so much fun between your sons and your husband. They must keep you laughing; thanks for sharing!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I love those toys that become your kids best friend...Jase has a few stuffed animals, but he's mostly into Ninja Turtles now. As for the housebreaker...at least you're a hot housebreaker :)

Katie said...

Rachel Face! I could just cry! I've missed so much of your perfect life...it makes me sad. When I got your facebook message, I jumped up and down and screamed like an idiot. AND-I'm at work. Nice, right? Your family is so flippin cute. You are such a cute mama, I always knew you would be...no surprise. I will email you all my info on facebook...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy mom said...

Elmo's a popular little fella!

I am loving the Daily dose of David, keep that up!