Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Lance!

My baby turned 2 today! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. Kids grow up so fast, and while I enjoy all the new things Lance is learning & doing, I also am sad to see some other things disappear. But one thing will never change, & that is how much I love being a mom--how much I love being Lance's mom.

I love his little blond head & blues eyes. I love the way he needs to dance whenever he hears music. I love his constant jabbering. I love the way he rubs my cheek ever so softly & then kisses me when he thinks I'm sleeping (and sometimes when we're wide awake, & he is just lovey). I love that he is the most gentle big brother & that he piles his toys on Luke while he plays next to him--so that they are playing "together." I can't get enough of his hugs & kisses, his smiles & laughter. I can't look at him enough or squeeze him enough. He is such a happy little boy, & I marvel everyday that my Heavenly Father sent him to me.

I love you so much, Lance. Happy Birthday, Baby!
Click to play Birthday Boy
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


The Arctic Cat (Power Wheels) was all David. We had never talked about getting one of these--never. I'm too cheap, and David is cheaper. I just think they are way too expensive. So you can imagine my surprise when David calls me & says, "I know what I want to get Lance for his birthday." My response, "No." I know...I'm a meanie, but I just thought it was way too much, & Lance loves so many things that I thought we could surely find something (or a bunch of somethings that would still cost less than the Power Wheels) else. We talked about it for a minute, & I thought the matter was settled. So imagine even more surprise for me when I walk into Toys R Us to find David & Lance still in the Power Wheel isle getting info on a few models.

Lance was trying out everything--sitting in every car, jeep, 4-wheeler, & suv. He had no idea that they actually did anything other than just sit, & he was happy with that. See how easy he would have been to please (and for a much better price)? He didn't need great entertainment, just a place to sit. :) But David was sooooo excited about getting a Power Wheel for him that he had made up his mind from the beginning.

We had already made the purchase when David remembered that Lance can't even steer his trike. This caused Daddy much stress, & he asked me why I hadn't reminded him of this little fact before we checked out. To which I asked, "Do You EVER listen to me?" I distinctly remember sharing this tidbit with him while in the store. Not only does Lance not know how to steer, it turns out he cannot brake either. But boy, did he ever have a wonderfully fun day.

I heard "Woo hoo--wooooo" all day long. He's a maniac in the Arctic Cat! And his amazement at discovering that it actually drove....well, it was priceless. Daddy got an A+ from his boy on this present. And I think it's pretty cute, myself.

The rest of the day was really uneventful (compared to the Power Wheel). After church we went outside to try it out. Then we had cake--well, Mom had cake. Lance just licked off the candles, & David doesn't even like cake (weirdo). Then we went out again for some more driving. Lance is a great little driver--as long as he never has to turn or stop. :)

12 comments:

Alicia W. said...

Awww, Happy birthday to your little boy! I love the power wheels gift.

Granny Annie said...

How funny! A great gift for Lance. He is so smart, he will be popping wheelies before long! Does that scare you? Boys will be boys forever (David, good daddy!)
He is so adorable!
Happy Birthday Lance!
We Love and miss you!
Gram and Papa

Crystal said...

Can you see why he picked you as parents? Seriously, you're pretty dang cool. I loved the slideshow, it was hillarious! Give Lance a big birthday kiss from Aunt Crystal.

Kelli said...

How fun! Tell Lance happy birthday for us, we miss you guys!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

What a handsome two-year-old you have! It looks like he was thrilled w/ his present. I loved the slide show, and my favorite picture was Lance cruisin w/ his little brother in the back - so cute!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

What an awesome mom & dad! Happy Birthday, buddy. We love you guys and miss you more :)

Grandma 'D' said...

Just a reminder that my birthday is in February, and upscale version would be fine for me. Adorable pics of our little guy...xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Nat Lud said...

He is so cute! I have been wanting to get BUbba a power wheel but I'm too afraid. I'm one of those moms. yup, a wuss. Anyway, he's a lucky little guy! Happy b-day!

Steph said...

OH how much fun. That picture with Luke in the back is priceless. Happy birthday Lance!

Crystal said...

My favorite was him in the drivers seat while the wrapping was still on! Too stinking cute! Man the time flies--you were made to be a mom you know, seriously you were. :)

happy mom said...

YOu guys are such great parents, Sam would love one of those!

Happy Birthday Lance!

happy mom said...

Oh, I'm not such a fan of cake either, but I love ice cream, is he the same? maybe it is in the genes!