Monday, November 24, 2008

The Jokester Strikes Again

I don't know why anything even takes me by surprise anymore. You'd think I would hardly bat an eye at David's daily pestering, pranks, & jokes. But silly me, I just keep falling right into his traps. It's just so dang hard when he "swears" he's serious or gives no indication at all that he's joking only to inform me later that he was just joking (and by later, I mean days or weeks later).
Tonight the big jerk about gave me a heart attack.

David & I both went upstairs to get Lance ready for bed, & we left Luke in his car seat on the couch. (Yes I know, not the smartest thing to do, but we did it, & now I'm confessing for the sake of a story.) Luke started fussing, so I went back downstairs to get him. I walked behind the couch into the kitchen for a quick second (not looking at the fussing baby), but when I came back, I saw the car seat tipped over on the couch with no baby in it. Talk about a moment of panic. I couldn't see Luke, so I ran around the couch knowing he must have fallen onto the floor--only to find this.....
Does it seem a bit strange that he would have fallen right onto a cushy blanket (which was draped over a boppy pillow)? Of course this prank reeked of David, and I breathed a big sigh of relief. So I took Luke upstairs where David was already waiting for me to tell him about Luke falling out of the car seat & off the couch & trying not to laugh. I didn't say a word. And David pretended he was laughing over something else--no doubt cracking himself up. It wasn't until much later that I confessed my initial feeling of horror when I saw the overturned car seat & no baby. And we both had a good laugh.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

How can you ever be mad at him? He is creative, you have to give him that. That little Luke is so flippin' cute. I can't wait to squeeze him!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Still giggling over David's little prank...somehow he always involves the kids. Guess he knows what will panic you the most ;) That little Luke is a looker. Can't wait to smother him with kisses. Miss you and love you more!

Alicia W. said...

I swear, your husband and I have so much in common. I LOVE playing pranks on my husband like that. He's so gullable. That was in fact a good one!

Crystal said...

some peoples kids! Sheesh! At least he entertains us all by scaring you silly! Thanks for sharing at your expense :)

Natti said...

So nice to meet you too! It was pretty cool finding all of the Kinsman family blogs. I'm able to get to know the new fam and keep in touch with all of you! It's good to see you reading. Talk later!

Granny Annie said...

The only crazy guy besides David, I believe would have to be my husband, your Grandpa Swede.
Honestly, do they stay up all night thinking up all this stuff?!! It really does keep life interesting though, and not boring! And they really are very funny!
The boys are getting so big and cuter everyday. Can't wait to see them and you and David.
Love ya!

happy mom said...

what a life you guys have!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Wouldn't life be boring if we had boring husbands? I guess we'll never know. :-D

DAJP said...

That's not funny David! I would have got after him, scary though that's for sure.