Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Ninja & the Ghost

Click to play Our Happy Holloweeners
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


On Halloween we did some pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating, & lots of candy eating. I had never carved pumpkins before, & I found it wasn't fun, & I was horrible at it. David tried to get Lance to help, but he hated to touch the pumpkin guts. He did love them once they were done & had lights inside them. Oh, and he enjoyed pulling the teeth of David's pumpkin--funny kid.

The trick-or-treating was a bit more fun. Lance was a ninja--or as he says, a "nawsha." And Luke was a ghost. Okay, so we didn't plan on taking Luke door to door, so he just got a little onesie with a ghost face, but he's cute anyway. :) I had to bribe Lance with a sucker just to get him to sit still for a few pictures. But this meant he had a sucker in his mouth for every picture. Oh well, at least he held still & didn't push Luke off his lap. After pictures Lance threw his hat on the ground & gave his trick-or-treat basket to his dad. David had to carry it the rest of the night (unless he needed to peer inside & grab an occasional treat). Our ninja didn't really get the whole door to door thing. He mostly ran up & down the sidewalks following all the other kids. In fact, if he couldn't see any kids or adults at the door or on the porch of a house, he didn't even want to approach it. The good news is he really wore himself out running up & down sidewalks and back & forth between houses following kids.

On the way home from trick-or-treating we spotted some "Rexburg Heroes." I'm so disappointed that I didn't get a picture--I actually drove around the block to find them for a picture, but they disappeared. It was three college guys dressed in tight shirts, tights, sneakers, capes, masks, & over the top of the tights...tighty whiteys. Two of them were wearing ski masks--you know the kind that cover the whole head & face. And one of them had a leopard print scarf tied around his eyes for a mask. They stood on the curve, hands on hips & chests puffed out, occasionally giving a parade wave. Talk about hilarious.

I also didn't get pictures of the ward costume party. It was a couple nights ago, & Lance once again had a ball following the big kids around. One kid was playing with Lance, & then when he turned his back, Lance gave him a bear hug from behind--what a nice boy. And my favorite was the cupcake walk: all the kids walking in a circle while music played, Lance in the middle of the circle dancing. Who needs cupcakes when you can dance?

13 comments:

Kristi said...

Cutest little ninja & ghost I've ever seen! I enjoyed the slide show...candy is a great way to get 'em to do what we want, isn't it?! :)

Crystal said...

I wanna steal those boys, they are so dang cute. That Lance is a character as always, can't wait to see you guys again. Love ya!

Granny Annie said...

What a fun Halloween! Wish I had been there to see it! Those boys are just adorable! Next year little Lance will have the hang of Halloween! And Watch Out! ....
Love to you all and miss you so much!
Granny

Steph said...

They look so adorable. Candy is a great inscentive. So glad i got to see them in their costumes.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I love your cute little ghost and ninja costumes. So fun. Also, great slide show - I think I'll be singing that song all night now. :-D

Crystal said...

very cute-love the ghost costume :) what sweet bros they are!

Alicia W. said...

Your kids are too adorable!

Jewels Rules said...

you really never had carved a pumpkin.. that's the saddest thing I've ever heard.. you were a deprived child.. Those little guys are the cutest ever..

Jewels Rules said...

you really never had carved a pumpkin.. that's the saddest thing I've ever heard.. you were a deprived child.. Those little guys are the cutest ever..

happy mom said...

I just took the time to actually look at the slide, how adorable! They are so cute! I just want to pinch their cheeks and I'm not even that kind of person!

LittleMissTicia(: said...

That is so cute, Miss you!!

Love,
Tic

DAJP said...

This was a way cute slide show. I haven't seen it before. Loved the costumes. I can't believe how big your kids are now.

Jenny said...

Those Rexburg heros might have been Derrick and his roommates, I am guessing! Don't tell him I said that:) Sounds pretty funny! Sounds like some fun trick or treating adventures!