Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mom 4 Life

***WARNING: Extremely long post with my own rave reviews of some great products. Read at your own risk. May lead to shopping--if not shopping, then it will definitely lead to eye strain. ;)
If you're a mom that loves finding new & genius products for yourself & little ones, you definitely need to check out this site. Go to mom4life.com and prepare to spend some time browsing all the mom-invented products. That's right--all the products are invented by moms who had brilliant ideas to make motherhood easier. You've probably seen plenty of the products on other sites, but this is one-stop-shopping. I've also priced things on other sites, and all the prices on Mom4Life are the same or better than what I've found elsewhere. What's better than that? Well, free shipping, of course!! You get free shipping on all orders shipped in the U.S. (no minimums). And yet another perk to shopping on this site is returning customers get a 5% discount on their orders. I know, I know. That may not seem like much, but since you're already getting products at great prices (go ahead & check other sites to compare) and free shipping on everything, another 5% off is 5% better. :) And there are plenty of organic & earth friendly items for you greenies. Go check out the site for maternity, birth, nursing, feeding, diapering, & baby wearing products...along with clothing, playing, sleeping, bathing, & safety products.
I absolutely LOVE this site!!! Here a few of the things I've ordered from the site.

The Dwink Box will keep little hands from squeezing juice boxes & pouches because we all know that no matter how many times we warn our kiddies, they can't help but squeeze (and make messes for mom).
This is teething jewelry by Smart Mom. It's made of a teething material just like your baby's favorite teethers. But you get to wear it--no more looking for teething toys or picking them up off of dirty floors in public places. "What's that baby? You need something to chew on? Well, lucky for me I'm wearing my teething jewelry." :) I have the necklace & bangle in coral, and Luke loves them. So does Lance. Watch for my next post for pictures of how much my boys love my new jewelry.
One of my favorite finds is the Babeebrite Hands Free Mobile Light Source by Mommy Bee Happy (what a mouth full). Luke is such a light sleeper, and when is awakened in the night, he thinks it's time to be up for good. I have a tiny lamp with a very low watt bulb which was way too bright for Luke. We tried night lights--again, way too bright. The hallway and bathroom lights also wake him up...fully. Then I found the Babeebrite. It is bright enough that I am able to change diapers & breastfeed, but dim enough that it doesn't wake my night owl. This has really been my saving grace at night. Some cool features: 7 minute automatic shut off (so I can fall asleep with it on), an adjustable arm to direct the light, & a clip on the back of it so I can wear it & have both hands free. I now clip it to me as soon as I put the boys to bed, so that I have a light when I check on my sleeping babes or when I get ready for bed (since Luke's crib is in our room). Then when I go to bed, I put it on my nightstand so that it is easily accessible for our nighttime wakings (great for finding pacifiers in the dark). I also love it for our long car trips. I use it instead of the dome light to find things in my purse or the diaper bag. Can you tell I really love this little light?!! I have always used the very thin disposable diaper sacks that have handles to tie (like a grocery sack) because I don't really want to run stinky diapers outside to the dumpster 10 or 12 times a day (and that was before I had Luke!). We even used them to bag diapers before putting them in a diaper pail because we've yet to find a diaper pail that is completely odor free. Here is a great solution to this very stinky problem. Diaper Baggies. While they aren't completely odorless, they are tons better than the other bags. They are made of a thicker plastic and have zipper closure. And they are great for when you're out & about & need a place to put soiled or wet clothing. Mom4Life carries the largest selection of BabyLegs (in a gazillion colors & styles) that I have seen on any site. If you don't know about baby leg warmers :) go check them out. I love them for protecting soft skin when baby starts to crawl and legs get rug burn. If you're wondering, they aren't just for girls. Yes, Luke wears them, and his fat legs are so adorable in them.This next one is my newest acquisition. I'm really excited to use the OnTray. I used to carry little snack containers for Lance when we were out shopping and try to hold onto the container and lid while pushing the cart & shopping. I spilled numerous snacks while trying to do this. And Lance's little hands were always grabbing & knocking stuff out of my hands. Enter OnTray, the tray with the sliding lid that attaches to the cart handle (you can even attach the lid to the bottom of the tray). And it's still small enough for the diaper bag or purse.


Now onto some really genius ideas that I wish I new of sooner. I don't own either of these products but wish I had. First is the Shower Hug by Belmama and Cherub.I really wish I knew of this when I first started nursing Luke and showering was unbelievably painful--you know, from the harsh shower spray on ultra tender nipples. Instead I just did what everyone does...try to dodge the shower while showering. And another brilliant idea that I wish I knew of sooner is the Babykeeper by Mommysentials. This product solves the problem of what to do with baby while trying to use a public restroom. On my 10 hour trips to visit family I always dreaded taking bathroom breaks & would hold it for as long as possible because it was such a hassle to take Lance (before he was walking) into a restroom with me. I mean, how in the world do you hold a baby in one arm while trying to undo & pull down pants? Then hold baby on lap while peeing (myself not baby in case that isn't clear). And finally hold baby in one arm again while trying to pull pants back up (this is the hardest part). And washing hands? I still have no idea how to do that in a dirty restroom while holding a baby. I guess mom's don't wash. ;)

This last one is on my wish list. It's the ShadyBaby stroller parasol. It clips onto a stroller & blocks the sun from any direction. And there are a bunch of cute colors & patterns. Although very cute, I don't want the pink polka dot one.But maybe this one. Or this one.Okay, so there are TONS of other products, but I can only fit so much in a single post. And anyway, those of you that read until the end are probably ready to rest your eyes. Whew! Now go check out mom4life.com!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE IT!!! I've been waiting for this post. Thanks for doing your research. I want one of everything please... I'm going to actually place an order soon. Thanks, sis!

lchamrick said...

Rachael,

I have Google Alerts set up so anytime something about OnTray gets posted, I know about it. I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words about my product. Your story sounds very familar to mine and that's why I had to create OnTray. I know it would have saved my sanity back in 2005 when I came up with the idea! I'm so thrilled you like it and to find it on such an awesome site as Mom4Life too! Thanks a million!!!

Laura Hamrick
Creator of OnTray

Anonymous said...

Laura from OnTray passed on your link to me;) and I also want to say thank you for your kind words. I am honored to read what you wrote and love when moms can support each other and help each other find great products. Please feel free to contact us should you ever come across some super mom invented products that we don't carry but should;)!!

Grandma 'D' said...

You go girl! Way to do your homework to make life a little easier for all you mommies out there. And thank goodness for those ladies that invented all these cool things. Now, have you researched how to grow more hands?

Alicia W. said...

Thank you so much for doing this post! I'm going to buy right now the buggy clips just for my coupons and then my daughters snack to keep her busy and happy during our shopping trips!! You are awesome!! Thanks again

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

What a great post. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna look into so much now. I need an easier life when it comes to parenting. Thanks, again!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeep and Nisha's Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheffie-Mom said...

WOW!! What great products! My friend has a two year old - the sippy cup holder is perfect for her son!

Kristi said...

Thanks for the site to check out...sounds like I am going to have a lot of fun with that one! Wow...look at all those fun products!
Okay, something to share with you is BabySteals.com! It emails me with the steal of the day...and a couple of your products have been on it in the past! Check it out!

Crystal said...

Whoa sister, take a breath, JK! I LOVE my DWINK box & I think I might just treat myself to some teething jewlery the next time around. Thanks for all the info!

Crystal said...

whoa--this is too cool! Thanks for sharing all of this--I need the teething jewelry, the on tray, wish I had the shower hug a while ago, shower gift idea?! Thaks for this Rach!