Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Thirteen - Edition "K"

I've not wanted to blog lately (or even comment on blogs--although I'm still reading). I'm really behind in posts, and I thought I would rejoin the blogging world. But I still don't feel like putting forth much effort--this is the best I can do for today. I missed a few weeks of this, but here's my Thursday Thirteen (you can join in the fun by clicking on the button at the bottom of the post).

1. Keen - David is constantly telling me how he has "keen eyesight." I don't know why, but it always makes me laugh (but he really does have excellent eyesight).
2. Katie Jean - My long lost BFF. We lost touch, & I didn't know where she was or how to find her. Seven years later...I found her on facebook and discovered that she lives about 30 minutes away from me!! I'm so happy to have her close by, and am going to miss her terribly when we move again (yes a move is imminent).
3. Kryptonite - My kryptonite is chocolate. I'm powerless in it's presence.
4. Kath & Kim - I LOVE this TV show. I think it's hilarious (David enjoys watching with me, too).
5. Karaoke Revolution - There is absolutely no way I would ever sing karaoke in public--let me emphasize NO WAY. But this is such a fun game, and I love to sing me some tunes with the rest of my party animal family. :)
6. Kitchen Aid - I got my mixer for Christmas this year, and I love it. Beats the heck out of mixing everything by hand--especially kneading bread by hand.
7. Kids - I love my kids. They are the loves of my life, and they bring me absolute joy.
8. Kool Aid - This would be my dad's kryptonite. He's a Kool Aid Kid (really he's a Kool Aid freak--and so is my sister, Lynette).
9. Kindness - This is something that is sorely lacking in our world today.
10. Kit-Kat - I want one so bad right now. Darn you, Chocolate, and your sweet but evil creamy rich smoothness!! *shaking fist in air*
11. Knitting - Something I want to learn how to do--knit.
12. Knees - I hate my knees. I think they are ugly, and I don't even like to wear shorts because of them. All skirts and shorts or capris of any kind must fall below my hideously huge knees. :)
13. Kiss - I love kisses from my boys--all of my boys (my biggest boy included).

9 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Hi Rachie....love your K's! Sure am glad you found your long lost special friend! Oh! and by the way, you know there are some parts of the body that really isn't very pretty on anyone...I think the elbow is pretty ugly too!...but what the heck would we do with out them??? we would all have to be like a big stick and never bend. Well,remember we aren't suppose to be perfect, but you are pretty close to it! God did a great job of creation! I would love to look like you! Knee's and all. (they must not be to bad, because I have never noticed them and I doubt anyone else would either. Why do we all have to have at least a few hang-ups about ourselves. We need to love who we are.
Oh! and I really love the K for Kids, they are so cute and precious!
Miss and love you Gram!
Gram.
P.S. work on a suntan, that always makes us look better.

Crystal said...

very cute! I fell off the blog wagon for about a month--sometimes SOMETHINGS gotta give!! Love your blog & love your background--when is this move taking place anyway?

Cheffie-Mom said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your blog is great. I love making new blogging friends! Have a super day!

Donna. W said...

I love it when somebody does the weekly 13 and doesn't have a single word that I have!

Great entry.

Jenn said...

Thanks for stopping by my page. Glad I missed the "I" 13 whew! Do they include vowels anyway? P.S. Love love love your page...so cute!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Your knees are SEXY! I've always thought you were crazy when it comes to your knees. As for the rest of the Ks...Brilliant. I couldn't think of an adjective that started with K ;)

Alicia W. said...

I'm right there with you with the Chocolate! YUM!! It should be a veggie for sure because I would eat it every single day if my hips could get away with it. :o) Great list girlfriend. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love your header too by the way!!

young family said...

This might scare you, but we have a lot of things in common, Knees, Kit-Kat(fist shaking ;)) and I am as of this last month learning how to knit! Oh and I like to kiss my boys too ;)

Kristi said...

I always enjoy reading what you have to say! You are so cute. We share a lot of the same interests in the K category...kitkats, kids, kitchen aid, kindness, and I can only knit one thing--scarves--and I think I do it wrong, but it somehow makes a scarf! :) I'll teach you someday if you'd like :)