Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby Luke's Arrival

I'm finally getting around to blogging the wonderful arrival of Luke Garrett Shelley. It's been so great to have this little one here finally--9 months is forever when you're pregnant. Lance is such a cute big brother. Luke gets so many hugs & kisses from him, & Lance is so gentle with his tiny baby brother.

As my sister already said, we welcomed Luke into the world last Wednesday. I had gone into the hospital for a blood pressure check & some tests (on the insistence of my mom & sisters), & was admitted when the tests showed I had pre-eclampsia. The doc said we could either do a c-section or start inducing labor, but he said an induction wasn't favorable. I hadn't wanted another c-section, so I didn't like this news. David wasn't with me, & I was pretty emotional about the whole thing, but David's mom helped me decide that a c-section really was the best choice. David wasn't able to come down until Friday, & we were told the c-section would happen immediately. David's mom was with me & she suited up for the fun. I have such a wonderful mother-in-law--and doesn't she look wonderful in her scrubs?
















David's mom, Grandma Ruth Ann












Of course I bawled like a baby when I heard Luke cry for the first time. And I couldn't wait for David to get here, so he could share the excitement. But his arrival was delayed because he needed to find us a place to live in Rexburg before he came to see us (all rentals were going fast since the college students were getting back to town). It was so great for all of us when Daddy finally got here & met Luke for the first time. I'll never get tired of watching David with his boys. He's such a wonderful daddy.


I am so extremely blessed with two beautiful boys & a wonderfully amazing husband. My parents & sisters & David's parents are taking such great care of me, & I'm thankful for that. But I can't wait to get to Rexburg & be with David.



My dad, Grandpa Russell










My mom, Grandma DeAnn

9 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Is this one proud, happy family or what? This little one has brought so much love! David is such a good Daddy and Husband! We hate to have them live so far away, but know David will take good care of his precious family!
Love ya!

Kelli said...

You guys make the cutest boys, what handsome nephews we have! We are so happy for you guys and can't wat to meet Luke! Love Ya!

Steph said...

oh soo cute! I can't wait to come see him!

Crystal said...

Of course he's cute! They say that two ugly people usually have cute babies. Ha Ha, I'm totally kidding. He really is beautiful!!

young family said...

What a cutie! Glad everything went well!! Love the pictures. Ruth in scrubs, and all the happy grandma and grandpa picures :) Fun, Fun!

happy mom said...

Ruth looks great in scrubs, I agree, what a sweet and so cute baby boy! love the pictures! I bet that was hard for you, but I am glad that everything turned out fine and now well I don't know where you are now, are you in Rexburg?

Grandma 'D' said...

Just a shout out to Ruth Ann. Thanks for being there for Rachel. I know she loves you so much and it meant a lot to her and myself that you were there in the right place at the right time. She is lucky to have such a wonderful Mom-in-law. I know that I don't have to worry about her when I can't be there and you are right there for her. A great big hug!!!!!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

CONGRATS! Your kids are cute - I love the "L" names. I also love the world of blogging and getting updates from the world. You're baby is so sweet and beautiful. Keep the posts coming, and please keep looking at mine!

Jewels Rules said...

oh he's beautiful.. i'm still a bit upset that he didn't come while I was home but i'm glad he is here and healthy.. I love you Rach and I am so thankful that you are a part of our family.. You are amazing.. And your children and beautiful..