Thursday, August 14, 2008

IT'S A BOY!


Last night, 8/13/08, around 8:30 pm Luke (?) Shelley was welcomed into the world by Mommy & Grandma Ruthann. He weighed in at 8 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long. He's truly beautiful with dark hair and a little darker skin than Lance but looks just like his big bro! Rachel & baby are doing great and Luke is patiently waiting to meet his Daddy.

BTW - this is her designated blogger, Crystal, again. I had the pleasure of staying the night with her last night and it was so exciting. David is driving down right now and the anticipation is killing him. Lance of course is thrilled. When he first seen little Luke his behavior changed instantly from a busy rambunctious boy to a gentle and protective big brother.

We all are so thankful that he is finally here and that he's healthy. Congratulations!!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Pictures? I'm dying here!

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! I knew you were going to give birth to a toddler. Talk about "little Lance"! I can't wait to see him!!! Oh yeah, and I hope I look that good after having surgery. Love you sissy! Congratulations!

Steph said...

Holy crap! Could he look anymore like Lance. Thats crazy. He is beautiful, congratulations!

Granny Annie said...

Were so excited! What a beautiful baby,(our great grandson) and our beautiful grandaughter! You did good Rachel and congratulations to you David and big brother Lance. Can't wait to see you all!
Love ya!
Gram and Gramp

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I'm jealous of your hair...you look great :) And that baby is beautiful. Suddenly, I'm baby hungery. But I'm not sure you'll be willing to rent out little Luke!

young family said...

Congratulations!!! What a cutie! You look great by the way, great pictures. We are so excited and happy for you guys.

Melissa said...

I just keep looking at that sweet baby and I just want to smell him! I just love that 'new baby' smell. They should make a candle or spray or something that smells like 'new baby'.

happy mom said...

Rachel, I have a friend Rachel who has just recently started a blog, so now I have no idea who it is commenting! I have been such a blogger flake since I have gotten everyone started, so lame, but I was so surprised to see that it was you who had commented! oh and these pictures, you look so great, I didn't look good for I think 6 months after Josie was born! what a cute little guy, and I am so happy for you! I hope to make a visit to see you all sometime hopefully in this year, and wherever you may be at the time! congrats!

Nat Lud said...

How the crap do you look so good after just having a baby? He is adorable and so are you! Glad he's finally here and all is well. :)