Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fair Fun

This weekend we were happy to see a little fair setting up with lots of kiddie rides. We missed it last year, and I was really excited to be able to take Lance this year. I couldn't wait to watch his little face & see his reaction to the rides. And I was definitely not disappointed.

He loved all the rides. Except for maybe Dizzy Dragons, and it was David's fault that Lance didn't like that one. David rode with him & spun the dragon so fast that poor Lance laid down on the bench & waited for the ride to end (which surprisingly didn't stop David from continuing to spin). All the other rides were big hits with the little roller coaster being his favorite. He smiled & woo hoo-ed more than he ever has. And he cried his little eyes out when he couldn't ride the big "fweens" with Daddy. He tried with all his might to climb the barrier to get on the swings.

I just carried Luke from ride to ride to watch Lance (and sometimes Daddy). It was super windy, and Luke was pretty fussy the whole time. He perked right up, though when we ate hot dogs & candy apples. Which we ate extremely fast because Lance was itchin' to get on some more rides. And for two days after the fair, the crook of my arm was stiff & sore from carrying around my lump of Luke--he's a big boy!

Lance rode all the rides a couple times before we carried him away kicking & screaming. I'm sure he would have ridden rides & played & danced until they kicked us out, but Mom & Dad & Luke were all tired. I did manage to get a few pictures, and we all had lots of fun. But none so much as Lance.
My two big boys riding their buckin' broncs.

Cars--it's a boy thing, & it starts young. :)



The slides were another favorite.

Engineer like Grandpa.

It looks like he's mid-woo hoo here.


My biggest boy needed help getting buckled into his "fween."

There, all safe.

14 comments:

Steph said...

oh so much fun!

Alicia W. said...

Aww, what a great time! Our fair comes to SC in Oct and I can't wait.

Nat Lud said...

I love fair time!

Granny Annie said...

How much fun?!!!!!...I would have love to have been there myself! Litle Lance is so cute! and Baby Luke will be big next year and can go with his big brother too!

Crystal said...

Looks like you've been having fun. How is that even possible without me around? Lance looks like he was beside himself with all the fun rides. Way fun!!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

I so love fairs and carnivals!! There isn't a better time than sharing in all the fun!

I so can't believe Daddy actually RODE the carousel!! Awesome!

And where the heck do you live, that background scenery is marvelous!! Love the green mountains (hills.)

Kristi said...

How fun! I am excited to take my little family to a carnival this year!

Judy said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I thought that roller coaster looked a little big for a little guy but he looked like he was having fun. Glad you guys are making the best of your move to Colorado. Wish we had some time to come see you. Maybe.

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a full of fun family day! And what beautiful scenery in the background!

Grandma 'D' said...

I have to say I love the pics of David as much as your little guys.
So.....could we say that you are raising three little guys? I love fairs...glad you had a great time.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

BTW Rachel, can you email me your email? Thanks.
crackerjacks51603 at yahoo dot com

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Looks like so much fun. I love when kids/dads get excited - it's so fun to watch! Fairs are so fun!

Erin said...

HaHa, all your husband's antics crack me up! Your boys are adorable.

Natti said...

Are you guys coming to the Kinsman Reunion at the cabin this weekend?