Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Memorial Weekend - What a Dinger!

It's 10:30 pm, all the boys are sleeping, and have been for a couple hours. I should be sleeping, but instead I'm sitting at the computer enjoying absolute silence. Ahhhhhhhh, it's wonderful. So what better way to spend my oh so quiet time than blogging?

I have so many things to blog that I'll probably never catch up, but I guess I can start with our Memorial Day weekend. It was pretty much fishing, fishing, & more fishing. David can't wait to camp every weekend, but since it's still too cold to camp here, it's fishing every weekend--and some days after he gets off work. Lance runs to the door when Daddy gets home & starts getting his shoes on, all the while saying, "Go fissing. Get pole. 'Mon Daddy."

It has rained every day here for about 3 weeks, and Memorial weekend was no exception. But that did not keep my avid fishermen from enjoying a few days at the lake. The first day, I stayed home with Luke who had a fever & let the two big boys ;) go alone. It poured that day, and David put out a tarp. The two of them laid under it & waited for the bells on their poles to jingle. They would run to reel in their catches, throw them back in the lake, and run back to their shelter. Lance caught his first fish. He was extremely excited to reel it in, but would absolutely not touch it.

The next day, I made David take me with them. We drove about an hour & a half to a lake we'd never been to...only to find out there wasn't a place where you could fish from the shore. David tried to fish, but with no success. But we had fun roasting hot dogs & marshmallows. Lance played in the dirt, pretended to eat marshmallows--taking bites & spitting them on the ground, and tried to feed Luke rocks. I really only turned my back for half a second when I heard, "Here Wukey, eat wock!" I turned around to see Lance trying to shove a rock in Luke's mouth. It was a good thing Luke refused to open his mouth. Usually he eats anything in front of him.


The highlight of the day? Why that would be when I backed the van into the truck! Oopsie. And all because I was throwing a fit (which was David's fault). It was muddy, cold, windy, & rainy, and we drove an hour and a half to a lake where we couldn't even fish (David's fault). He made us take two vehicles because it's squishy in the truck, & he didn't want to go in the van (David's fault). And he picked a dumb camp site where the vehicles were parked super close to each other (David's fault). Being the mature adult that I am, I told David that he picked a dumb place, I was cold, & I was taking Luke home. Got in the van, and....David's fault. You can clearly see who's fault it was, right? Of course, I'll just let him keep thinking it's my fault. ;) Check out that dent! It actually looks much worse than the pictures show. It's a real dinger. And after all that? I had a really great time with my three boys in the cold & mud.

I know this is a really long post, but I've had some requests for a Daily Dose of David. Apparently I'm not the only one entertained by my ridiculous hubby. So what shall I share tonight? How about his nifty new neck brace?

He had a kinked neck for 3 days. He walked around as if he was seriously wounded. He got out of helping with much of anything because he claimed to be in great pain. He used ice packs. He took hot showers. He did stretches. He even went to a spa for a deep tissue massage. And when none of that helped--and when I refused to buy him a neck brace (come on! it's only a kinked neck! we've all had them & lived to tell about it! without neck braces! big baby! whaaa whaaa!), he used the handy dandy rolled up towel tied around the neck trick. And behold, a miracle. Where he could hardly move before, he was now able to jump off the couch & wrestle me for the remote! Can I get a hallelujah? :)

11 comments:

Alicia W. said...

I laughed so hard at David's homemade neck brace.. He is such a nut.

Granny Annie said...

Davids fault!!!...who drove the van into the truck (hehe)! And it just goes to show that home remedies like the towel, which cost nothing..works the best yet!..I'm a firm believer!
Adorable little boys...love your new blog background...And what memories were made of that weekend!..When you look back you will laugh and enjoy those memories.
Sure glad little Lance was trying to feed baby Luke a rock and not a bug!
You are all so precious...remember life just doesn't always go the way we think it should. It certainly tries ones patience sometimes, I must say!
Love you all so much and miss you!
Hugs!
Gram
P.S. cars can be fixed! all those fun times can never be re-lived over again. Thanks for sharing!..you really make me smile!

Melissa said...

I only have three things to say: #1 LOVE LOVE LOVE those boys! #2 Totally David's fault! #3 Hallelujah! he,he

Cheffie-Mom said...

What a wonderful weekend full of celebrating family!! Your husband is hilarious - he reminds me of my husband, Ken!!

Crystal said...

hallelujah! Not just for the neck brace but for the marathon post......totally worth the wait! You might just be my funniest sister! Can't wait to see you next week, we're gonna PARTY!!

young family said...

Too funny and I agree with you, all Davids fault ;) It is amazing to me what we women will do to keep our men happy. I hope you really did enjoy yourself and next time I would make sure you all drove together to make sure nothing is Davids fault again ;)

Cute pics!!

Kristi said...

You have the greatest stories!...love the towel!

Kristi said...

The computer is a great place to relax...I resort to it in my quiet moments as well!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

First of all, thanks for sharing it all! Also, weird: Jeep kinked his neck, too. We'll have to try the towel thing cuz it's seriously a problem :) And as always, your sons are so cute - I love the eating a rock story. Thanks again, and take care

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Hahaha, great neck brace!

So glad the boys had s much fun fishing too! Sounds like a great time for the boys!

Grandma 'D' said...

I cannot stop laughing at David's pic. Hilarious. I am thrilled to see all the new posts as well. Glad your doing better Rachel. I must say those boys are adorable and grandma can't wait to see them and spoil them. Kisses and Hugs.