Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our One Warm(ish) Day

We have had weeks of clouds, thunderstorms, rain, & wind. For the most part, the temperature stays in the 50's & 60's. It's really my kind of weather, since I hate the heat (and the heat will be here soon enough). But it's not great for taking the boys out to play. And the forecast shows nothing but them same in the near future. I'm sharing some pics that were taken a while ago. They were taken on a rare sunny day where the temp was in the 70's. We made the most of the day with some fishing on the little lake behind our apartment and a swim in the pool that is literally steps outside our back door. Oh, and a little play time at the playground right next to the lake. Talk about convenient. I love where we live. Let me clear that up. I love the location of our apartment. :) See that tiny speck? That's David & Lance in the tiny raft.

Here's David & Luke. He took the boys out one at a time. And didn't get much fishing in at all. He spent most of his time with Lance trying to keep him from jumping into the lake. And Luke is just so grabby that there was no way to keep the fishing pole from him. But I think they all had fun.

While David & Lance were out on the lake, I thought I would lay out a blanket for me & Luke & I could read. But as I've already mentioned, Luke is so stinkin' grabby. There would be no reading for me, but we enjoyed the sunny day relaxing on the grass. And funny enough, Luke hates grass as much as his big brother did. Put him on a blanket in the grass, and he's goin' nowhere.

Later we took the boys to the pool. David wanted to see how well the life jackets worked (just to be certain). Lance loved "fweening" in the pool with his life jacket, but Luke just kind of lay there unmoving. He was very unimpressed by his personal floatation device. His face in the next picture shows just what he thought. And if you can't tell...he's showing me his irritation (working up to mad). Lance, on the other hand, crawled aboard the S.S.Daddy because that's what dad's are for.

And can you tell from the pool pictures that our rare moment of sunshine had already passed by the time we were at the pool? But I'll take what I can get. :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

It looks like you live in a really fun place. Wish we could come visit you.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Those are some dang cute boys! Send them my way, so I can cover them in hugs and kisses.

Alicia W. said...

Oh that looks like pure relaxation! FUN FUN FUN!

Granny Annie said...

Such precious memories and so much fun just to see your family enjoying themselves...soon Luke will be big enough you can join in Rachel!
Love ya!