Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All Tuckered Out

But from what?Don't let these pictures fool you. He didn't jump once! He still just hangs in the jumper kind of twisting a bit. He hung there for about 10 minutes while I did some cleaning. And then he fell asleep. Here I was, thinking that if only he would jump, he might tire himself out. But he obviously didn't need physical activity. Just the thought of jumping wore him out.

And here's my favorite Daily Dose of David yet! I was cleaning up Lance's toys one day & discovered some tiny BB's in the carpet. I wondered where they could have come from. But as I went about my day, other things occupied my mind, & I forgot all about the little BB's. A couple days later I hear David say to Lance, "Get all your little people for Daddy, so I can line them up." I looked over to David & Lance placing the (fisher price) little people in a straight line on the hood of the power wheel. David then says, "Wait here while I get the gun." WHAT??? Of course the faint memory of tiny BB's in the carpet now flashes through my mind. Yes, David had lined up the little people & helped Lance shoot them off of the power wheel...in the house. I, being the boss of course ;) told the boys that there would be no firing squad tonight. And disappointed Daddy asked, "Why?" I gave my best because I'm the mom and I said so answer--with the matching look. And David asks again, "Why?" Now I'm wondering if there's an echo in the house, or maybe he just can't hear me. Slower this time, "Because...I...said...so." This is when David informs me that he needs an actual reason that he can't shoot his gun in the house and that "because I said so" is not a reason. You've got to be KIDDING me!! And do you know what I came up with? A whole lot of nothing. Scrambling for a reason, I tell him that I don't want to pick BB's out of the carpet. He tells me he'll pick up every one of them. I try telling him it isn't safe, & he tells me it's okay because he only pumps the pellet gun once. My mind is racing for a reason that will satisfy David, and this time it lands upon the trusty "you'll shoot your eye out" reason. I tell him that it isn't safe & what if by some weird accident Lance takes a BB to the eye (I know, I know, lame...give me a break, I don't think fast under pressure)? David says (he really said this), "That's why I make Lance wear a helmet." Of course he would have thought of everything!

Here is Lance in his eye protecting, safety "helmet."
Pleeeeease will somebody give me a suitable reason that David cannot shoot his pellet gun in the house?! I'm pretty sure it's just not okay. But someone--and I won't mention names *wink*--has taught my husband that you should tell your kids WHY you said no or won't let them do something...that you should EXPLAIN your reason. Apparently, David believes the rule applies to husbands. I still say that sometimes "because I said so" is a sufficient reason (when it comes from Mom). Kids are so much easier than husbands. :)

14 comments:

Melissa said...

DAAAAAVVVVVVVVID!!! Holy crap! I guess at least Lance has a super protective tote on his head, thank heavens. When Brian wants me to answer stupid questions,(like WHY? can't I shoot guns in the house, for example), I try to make him answer it himself by asking him RETARDED questions. Anyway, good luck ... either with David 'seeing' the light, or Lance keeping his TWO beautiful, blue eyes!

Grandma 'D' said...

That is adorable, little Luke I mean. As for David, I can't stop laughing. Love the Helmet...Reason not to shoot in the house...B-B's in the wall! My brother did it all the time. The Helmet cracks me up. Oh my heck, where did he come from. Keep those daily doses of David coming!

Melissa said...

BTW... I love the pictures of Luke!!

Grandma 'D' said...

oh yea, another reason...So Lance won't think it is o.k to play with REAL GUNS in the house.

young family said...

Uuuummmmm is it against the law? I second the you don't want your boys playing with guns in the house.

Reading this reminds me of the time I was babysitting and David was probably only 4 or 5, he came running in the house and I didn't think much of it until he came out of his parents room with a gun in his hands!!! I freaked out grabbed the gun and we had a fight over whether or not his Dad would let him shoot cats or whatever if Dad wasn't around. There is my Daily Dose of David ;)

I love the pictures of Luke in the jumper, that is so funny. My kids never used that thing, they kind of just hung there and turned in circles ;)

Kristi said...

Those pictures are so cute!!!...and don't be too hard on the little guy, just hanging there must be hard work! :)

Crystal said...

Once again, your DAILY DOSE OF DAVID has left me speechless. I really don't know what I would do in this situation. Probably the same thing you did except try it out for yourself, just once, it can't hurt! Maybe Mr. Luke was exhausted from all the BB Gun excitement? Not sure, but it sure makes for a really cute picture!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Luke's pics are precious...the BB gun story hilarious. I also searched the Idaho gun laws. Didn't really find anything illegal, but maybe you could buy them an awesome nerf gun ;)

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Great post! I'm still laughing. Wow. Your boys are getting big, and they are so cute. I think Lance likes his "helmet" a little too much. I agree with the nerf suggestion; let the BB's go outside. Good reason? Nope. How about it'll just make all the moms feel better. Isn't that good enough?

Jewels Rules said...

oh shoot.. no pun intended but my brother is such a funny guy.. I forget how funny sometimes cuz i'm not around but wow you're house must never be dull.. I wonder where he came from sometimes.. such cute little boys.. I mean at least he did think of a helmet at least..

Alicia W. said...

Bless your heart - there is never a dull moment in your house, lol. Good luck with the BB gun. Precious pictures as always!

Nat Lud said...

Wow you have your hands full! Love those pics of sleepy Luke. So sweet! And the helmet one is also cute! Man, good luck against the firing squad!

Granny Annie said...

Your blog has given me a good laugh! Baby Luke is just so layed back and relaxed and so cute! Lance is just adorable in his protective gear and I must admit David is such a fun Daddy, with a great imagination. Lance and David were having a great time! although I thought about the word"RICOCHET" meaning who knows where those BB's might end up....hit mama, baby Luke, or break something. I suggest a gun with much softer ammunition might be more effective!
Keep having fun David! And Rachel keep them in control...."because you're the Mom". Keep the daily doses of David coming!....love them and love you all and miss you!

Emma said...

WOW! I hate when people ask me for a reason of something. Just tell him to do it out side because it's a lot safer and get him a nerf gun or something to shoot in the house. Tell him I say to just listen to you!!! It will make everybody's life easier if guys just listened to their wives!!