Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Dear Mom,

Today, I thought about you often & hoped your birthday was everything you wanted it to be. I wished so much that I could have been there to tell you Happy Birthday & share in the birthday festivities. I thought I could at least try to tell you how much you mean to me (if words can even express).

You are such an amazing mom. In the last few days I've needed a bit of encouragement, & I definitely got that from you & so much more. Thanks for the wonderful advice & uplifting & loving words. I hope I can be the kind of mother that you are--loving, fun, kind, patient, giving, a great example, a mountain of support & encouragement, tough when necessary, and an awesome hugger (this is just as important as anything for a mother).

Being a mother myself now, I am starting to realize all of the time, energy, & love you put into raising us. You sacrificed so much of yourself for your kids. I'm also beginning to understand now how much you've loved us & how much you've worried about us--and continue to do so. I can't imagine what we've put you through at times. You definitely deserve awesome rewards for all that you've given of yourself & all that you've taught us. [Maybe part of that reward is cute grand kids. ;)]

You are everything I hope to become. And I hope you've had an amazing birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!

Love,
Rachel

9 comments:

Grandma 'D' said...

ANd that is exactly why being a Mom is so rewarding....beautiful daughters and wonderful sons who appreciate all of it..the good and the bad. Thank you Rachel for the Birthday Wish and cannot wait to see you! A GREAT BIG HUG just for you! Love Mom....

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! And, Rachel, you are an AWESOME daughter, not to mention one heck of a mother yourself.

Emma said...

That was really sweet! Mothers do deserve rewards for everything that they do.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I concur! Your mother is a great one. I've always looked up to her. Thanks for sharing those inspiring words and great pictures of and about your mom!

Grandma 'D' said...

And yes the Grandkids are definately the biggest perk to being a MOM!

Natti said...

what a fun and cute background!

Granny Annie said...

Rachel...what a beautiful tribute to your mother! She has raised great kids, who are wonderful parents too, and she has beautiful grandchildren! Not to say that she is a very precious daughter. I am so proud of her! She also uplifts me so much! and gives so much love! Your right...hugs are the best!
We miss you and love you all!
Grandma Ann
P.S. This is the 2nd time I have tried to comment...the power went out. Also, I posted more pictures on my blog and lost those also. Will try again later.

Nat Lud said...

What a nice tribute to DeAnn! She is a wonderful woman--and she raised 4 more great women!

Crystal said...

this background is adorable BTW. Okay this was an adorable post! These pics of your Mamma were awesome! Thanks for sharing the letter too--your Mom is amazing! I'll bet her biggest reward is watching all her daughters & seeing what incredible loving & thoughtful women/mom's they have all turned out to be! GO GRANDMA D!!!!