Monday, February 2, 2009

Pictures for the Grandmas

I've not really wanted to blog lately (I still enjoy reading other blogs). But my mom told me to get some pictures posted, so this is my blogging effort for today--or a while, who knows.

This is one of Lance's favorite things to do..."fight." That's what he yells after he puts on the Hulk hands and right before he beans me or David in the head. Then after we fall to the ground he yells, "Hulk Mash!" (The hands say Hulk Smash.) He even puts the hands on Luke, which he thinks is downright hilarious.
Remember in my last post when I said Lance never wants to take his boots off, & I would probably be the mom who lets him wear swim shorts & boots? Well, Daddy let him first. They've been swimming a few times lately, & one time Lance absolutely did not want to take off his boots. David had to let him walk out to the pool--in his swim shorts & boots. He was fine taking them off once he saw the pool. I don't have a picture of the shorts & snow boots, but here are a couple of Daddy & Lance in the pool.
This picture is of Luke the "Lump" who doesn't jump. :) He just sort of hangs in his jumper--like a lump. He doesn't even usually hold his head up in it. No matter what I do, I can't get him to bounce even a teeny bit. I think he knows he might wear himself out and actually have to sleep. This would destroy his plans of staying awake ALL the time.
But as you can see, he certainly is a happy little guy. He's always smiling & laughing. Everything amuses him. Oh, I mean, everything amuses him when he's getting all the attention. This one does not like to be without attention for more than a few seconds. It's a good think that Lance loves to play with "Wukey."

And who's missed the Daily Dose of David? We were watching Duck Tales with Lance. David was just as entranced as Lance was (he loves his cartoons). Scrooge McDuck and Huey, Dewey, & Luey were all captured in the ocean by some frogmen--and they found the lost city of Atlantis. Then they use some "fizzy" stuff to lift the lost city out of the ocean, and I hear David snort & say, "Yeah, right!" Because he obviously didn't believe in the power of the fizzy drink. Apparently he could believe that frogmen exist, but getting the lost city out of the ocean? Whatever...like that could happen. I had to say, "Honey, it's a cartoon...."

*This scenario happens every time we watch cartoons with Lance. I hear "yeah right" quite often. And I continue to remind him that it's a cartoon, & therefore, anything can happen.

10 comments:

Granny Annie said...

So glad you blogged! Just love the cute pictures of those handsome boys! They are growing in leaps and bounds! David is a good Daddy....looks like he is having a great time with his little boy.
Thanks for sharing.
Love and Miss you all.
Gram

Jenny said...

Thanks for the pictures! I especially love the "lump that won't jump" that was great rhyming.

Melissa said...

That Luke is so stinkin' cute! I could just kiss 'em both... the boys, I mean. {Just didn't want you to think that I was thinking of putting the 'moves' on David ;)} So..umm...yeah... I wanna kiss your boys.

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

Great pictures. Looks like your boys keep you busy and entertained! I especially like the hulk and the bundled up pictures.

Grandma 'D' said...

What an obedient daughter I have! THanks Rachel for the darling pics of my boys. I can't believe how chubby little Luke is. He seems like such a happy little guy, like his big brother. And as for David, once a little boy always a little boy. Just be thankful all it takes to entertain him is a cartoon. Even if he doesn't believe PART of them!. Love you

Crystal said...

FINALLY a new post. I almost forgot what the boys looked like. Fighter Lance, Lumpy Look, & the daily dose of David is just what I needed to start my day. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog it keeps me going too thanks for sharing with us. You have the cutest family. Love ya
Ruth Ann

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Well, you got a smile & a laugh out of the Lawn Ranger's woman. Those smiley boys need to come visit their Aunt Nettie. And the "Daily Dose of David" NEVER disappoints. We love you and miss you!

Alicia W. said...

Those are great! LOVE the winter hat.. so cute!

Jewels Rules said...

I love those little boys more than anything and I am so glad that I at least get to see pictures of them frequently.. I love you Rach and I love that I have such a silly brother that never ceases to entertain and I am so grateful for two of the cutest nephews ever..