Friday, February 13, 2009

Bowling Fun

These pics were from a few weekends ago, & I'm just getting around to blogging them. Since Lance hates the snow, & we have tons of it, we've been trying to find fun indoor things to do with him. He even hates snow on the bottom of his shoes! There isn't much to do here, but swimming & bowling have been hits (what kid doesn't like either of those things). Lance insisted on carrying his own ball. What is it about boys & needing to prove they can carry heavy things? ;) There were many tears shed because he had to wait his turn. We're mean parents, & we wanted our turns, too. He would roll the ball down the ramp & immediately turn around to get another ball. I'm not sure he ever saw the ball hit the pins, but he clapped every time--maybe for successfully getting the ball to the top of the ramp (without dropping it). This is how Lukey passed the time bowling--slobbering & smiling. And just a side note: Happy 6 months (today) to my baby. Afterward, David & Lance hit the arcade for some racing. And for those of you who know David, this Daily Dose is for you. My family & I like to play a game with David. We give him the line of a well known children's or Christmas song, and he has to fill in the blank--just one word. He never EVER gets it right. He can't remember the words to songs. And I mean any song. Even if he's heard it a million times, the words he sings are different every time. Okay, every once in a while he sings a line or two right (and completely shocks me). But mostly, it's a new song every time. And let me tell you...there are some pretty interesting ones. I laugh my butt off at some of them. Just yesterday this is what I heard him singing. "The farmer and the Joe, the farmer and the Joe, hi ho the dairy-o, the farmer and the Joe." If you're a bit like David & don't know what he's attempting to sing, it's his very own rendition of 'The Farmer in the Dell.'

4 comments:

Nat Lud said...

How fun. Bowling is the best--especially when it's one of few options! Baby Luke is such a cutie!

Granny Annie said...

Family fun! Isn't it the best?! The little bowler is so cute and so is the little one watching on! next year he'll be right in there too!
As for the lyric's...David sounds like Grandma Ann....I don't think I have ever known every word to many songs. Also, it makes for a nice medelly. (not sure I spelled that word right). Just keep right on singing David! Thanks for sharing Rach. We miss and love you all so much!

Crystal said...

Did you tell David that Dale & Joe don't rhyme at all? Bowling & swimming sounds fun......I can't wait to go swimming again. Maybe we can go together - hooray!

Melissa said...

I LOVE BOWLING!!! Matter of fact, I just asked Brian if he wanted to go tomorrow. Your boys are soooo cute! I can't wait to see you guys!