Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Already Running & Talking

Can you believe it? Luke is barely two months old, & already he's running & talking. He's like a baby genius. He must take after his highly intelligent Mama (wink). Since I knew you wouldn't believe it, I took some pictures for proof. I know, I know--you wonder why he can run but can't hold the phone by himself...and my my, what big feet he has. :)

This is actually how I found Luke one day while Daddy was watching him. I'm sure David was getting quite a kick out of this. Leaving him sitting on the couch by himself watching television in giant shoes, waiting for Mom to find him. Kind of like putting him in the closet & waiting for me to come down the stairs & ask, "Where's Luke?" Just so he can casually (while studying at the table) say, "He's in the closet," and watch for my reaction when I actually find Luke in the closet. I know he was really hoping I would hear baby crying coming from the closet, but Luke was a good baby just waiting to be discovered.

And Luke on the cell phone, well that was just Lance helping him talk on the phone. Lance was jabbering away (who knows what he was saying) on Daddy's phone, & out of the blue he put the phone to Luke's ear & said, "Hewo?" He then carried on a phone conversation for Luke. What a good big brother.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

You share such cute and funny stories! That is the cutest picture of Luke with huge shoes...and Lance falling asleep in the swing!...with your three boys, I bet life is always an adventure!

Crystal said...

David is a freakin' hoot. Hiding the baby? Who does that? Only David!

happy mom said...

how cute, and David is incredibaly full of it, I am sure he has tons more up his sleeve!

hey, I invited you to my food blog if you want, I hope I have the right email. since you made use of it, if you are interested your are welcome to join.

Nat Lud said...

Those are awesome pics. What a prankster that David sounds like! Sounds like things are never dull at the Shelley home!

Granny Annie said...

How fun at your house!! The boys are getting so big and are just adorable! Luke is really sitting up pretty darn good I would say!
I think David is a good Daddy....and kind of follows my way of looking at life! "I may grow old, but I will never grow up". It's alot more fun!
Well, David the scriptures tell us we need to all become as little children! I think we are doing a pretty good job of it! Keep up the good work!
Love you all!
Gram

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I love your stories. I also love watching older siblings interact w/ little ones. Keep the great posts coming!

Crystal said...

HA! You hubby is funny! Putting the baby in the closet-HA!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the swing picture-classic!

young family said...

I am so glad you post so many cute pictures of the boys, they are sooooo darling!! Love all the pics, and cute stories.