Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nutmeg & Tears

Why is it that as soon as you start nursing a baby that the toddler slips out of sight? Well, to get into all the forbidden cupboards, drawers, & closets of course. So what has my little stinker been up to lately? Just a little mess makin'.

My little mischief maker came to me while I was nursing Luke, to give me his dirty socks. He does hate to be dirty--I guess his socks are no exception. When he was dropping off his soiled laundry, I noticed he was covered with something brown & powdery. Hmmmm, what could he possibly have gotten into? I put Luke down to follow Lance into the kitchen (he actually beckoned me to follow him as if to show me some big accomplishment). What I found was that Lance had shaken an entire bottle of nutmeg onto the floor, rubbed it around, & trampled through it tracking it everywhere. At least he took off his socks before tracking it through the living room carpet. What a...good...boy?
When I walked in & saw this I said, "Stay right there while Mama gets the camera." Doesn't he look so happy (probably pretty proud of himself) in the first picture. But then for some reason his little heart got completely broken. I wasn't upset & didn't say anything except telling him to stand there so I could get a picture, and he just started bawling. It was so sad--and it made his poor heartless mother laugh. Which in turn made him cry harder.
If you look closely you can see real tears along with some smudged nutmeg. :)
Well, after a bit of hugging & consoling, we got the tears under control & I stripped him down to clean him up before hauling him to the bathtub. I put him up on the kitchen counter, & before I could even blink he began peeing...right onto the stove top. I reacted with, "No, no, no,no," which I may have said about ten times. That seemed to stop him midstream, & I ran him to the bathroom to put him on the toilet. After about 15 minutes of toilet inactivity, I admitted defeat & took him upstairs to the bathtub.

Once he was all cleaned up, I let him run into my room & climb onto my bed while I got his clothes. That took about 15 seconds, & I got to my bedroom about 2 seconds too late. I found him sitting in a big wet spot on my bed. I guess he finally finished peeing. Arghhhhhh! I still hadn't cleaned up the kitchen (nutmeg on the floor, pee on the stove), & now I had to wash & change bedding. Oh yeah, & finish nursing the crying baby in the living room.

But after cleaning up & taking care of Lance & Luke we all got a nice, long, very much needed nap! :)

THE END (of the messes that day)

8 comments:

Steph said...

Wow he's as busy as Gauge. At least I don't have a nursing/crying baby when mine does those sorts of things. Just Emma Crying cause i threaten to take Gauge to the pound. She loves her little brother.

Granny Annie said...

WHAT A GREAT MULTI-TASKER YOU ARE!...just don't want to tell you dear, but with little boys it usually get worse! They have their whole day planned and are really busy .... which in return keep mommy even busier!
What an adorable little boy and pretty smart I would say! You know he has to share the attention with his baby brother now, so he is going to get his share in.
This will get better...but will then find something new to do! (watch out when Luke gets a little older) you will have double duty then.
Love you!
Keep up the good work and enjoy them while they are little...they grow up too fast.
Thanks for sharing, we love it!
Love and miss you all.
Gram

Crystal said...

You must of beat him, you mean mom! Just kidding. Seriously though, if you ever need to get through to him when he's naughty, you should tell him to stay right where he is so you can get the camera.

Grandma 'D' said...

I've said it a million times, "The Joys of Motherhood". Sarcastically that is.....but after years of fighting it, I finally realized that is where I was the most happy, not that I'm not happy now. But little children are so dang smart, and definately sneaky....with a side of adorable!!! Give Lance big hugs from grandma and he can come and we will make cookies with MY SPICES!!!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

On the bright side of things it's better than being bored :) Lance is too stinkin' cute and looking just like a handsome, big brother. We miss you guys!

Melissa said...

I think it's funny that he didn't think he was in trouble until you started taking pictures. What do you do? Take his mug shot everytime he's naughty? On the brighter side, I'll bet your house smelled like yummy pumpkin pie.

Erin said...

Oh man, couldn't stop laughing! Love those days. Kids are so fun!

happy mom said...

Awww, those are the days, I haven't had the nutmeg problem, our most recent were salt and butter. and I will knock on wood that I don't have the pee on the stove! but the pee in my bed, I swear that is a daily occurrence and it is always my bed, and my side! but I'm laughing!